The New Wellness Program Plus for 2023
Your choice to be a member of my MDVIP-affiliated practice is an investment in your health and well-being that can benefit you now and for years to come. The upgraded Wellness Program Plus includes advanced screenings and diagnostic testing that will provide detailed information used to develop an actionable wellness plan customized for your unique needs. It will continue to be completed in two visits; your 1st visit will be the lab draws and screenings/diagnostic testing that will require 60-90 minutes to perform. Your 2nd visit will be with Dr. Borchers who will review your results, complete your annual physical exam and work with you to create your wellness plan for the year (an additional ~60 minute visit).
SCREENINGS & DIAGNOSTIC TESTING DETAILS
- Blood draw: Blood is drawn and sent to the Cleveland Clinic in order to identify inflammatory markers which can alert us to upcoming problems in the cardiovascular, neurological, endocrine, and orthopedic systems. The extensive panel of labs tests ordered include: Myeloperoxidase (MPO), LipoFraction NMR w/Lipids, Hemoglobin A1c, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP), Complete Blood Count (CBC), Vitamin D, 25 OH, Vitamin B12, Ferritin, hsCRP, Uric Acid, Hepatitis C Antibodies, PSA for men/Ca125 for women.
- Hearing screen: The hearing test is a pure tone audiogram at multiple frequencies and 2 different volumes that allows us to screen for hearing loss and to help establish the origin.
- Vision screen: Review to assure regular eye examinations are being performed to maintain eye health.
- Spirometry: This test measures lung function and is a good screener for asthma and COPD.
- Body Composition Analysis: We use a special scale that measures weight, body mass index, percent body fat and basal metabolic rate. This analysis can help to determine if the balance between muscle and fat is off and increasing risk for heart disease, diabetes, cancer and more.
- Ankle-Brachial Index Study: This test is a screening tool for peripheral vascular disease. We will place blood pressure cuffs on your upper arms and ankles and measure systolic blood pressure as well as blood flow to the feet.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG): This test measures your cardiac health in regards to rhythm and blood flow to the heart.
- Agility Assessment: This test is a screening tool for physical capacity. A hand dynamometer is used to measure grip strength, and a walking test is performed to measure gait speed. Grip strength is useful for early detection of dementia, heart attack, and stroke.
- Depression/Anxiety/Sleep Quality/and Sexual Function Screening: Paper based screeners that can accurately identify subtle signs of poor mental health and be used to treat hidden issues that compromise overall wellness.
- Advanced Cognitive Screen: This test uses the advanced BrainCheck platform and it’s easy to use Ipad based skills tests to quickly and accurately assess cognitive function in order to identify possible Dementia and other forms of cognitive impairment that often go undiagnosed until much later.
- Personal Medication Management: A comprehensive review of prescriptions, supplements, vitamins and over the counter medications that helps patients, caregivers and their providers minimize risk of adverse drug events. Using MedWise Science, a multi-drug analysis is performed by a certified pharmacist to evaluate safety, promote adherence and help in the creation of a personalized plan to allow for better disease management by optimizing the effectiveness of medications.